Returns & Refunds
Returns & Exchanges
When you buy something from us, we hope you love it. However, should you change your mind (it happens to the best of us), and subject to the conditions set out below, you have seven (7) days from the despatch date to contact us to discuss your concerns.
Our standard right of return or exchange is subject to the following conditions:
- Goods must be returned in a re-saleable condition, your item must be unused and in the same condition as when it was originally sold. It must also be in the original packaging (if any). This includes all original tags still attached;
- In the event that the exchanged product is of less value than the originally purchased item, a store credit will be issued for the remaining value;
- Any items purchased on sale or an end of line items are non-returnable and are excluded from warranty;
- Any items purchased from the showroom floor stock are non-returnable and are excluded from warranty;
- Any items that have been specially ordered in, custom made or altered are non-returnable;
- We may, at our discretion and only if the goods are in saleable condition, either exchange your purchase or accept your purchase back, whereby a credit will be issued for use against future purchases.
- Freight and associated costs of all product exchanges or returns will be met by the customer, except where there is a confirmed product fault. In these instances, Dawson will reimburse the freight costs based on a supplied invoice from a third-party freight company;
- To complete your claim, we require a receipt or proof of purchase
Think the Item may be Faulty?
If the item is faulty, not of acceptable quality or does not perform the function for which it is designed, Dawson’s will meet or exceed its obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
However, we do request the right for our official Assessment Team to first assess your product before any resolution can be considered. To request assessment of your product, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to forward all relevant information and photos. In all instances where product has been assessed as faulty and under warranty, you will be entitled to receive a new replacement product that has similar specifications to your product. In the event that a suitable replacement cannot be found, our assessment team will work with you to find an alternative solution, such as a store credit or refund. We are committed to always finding you a satisfactory solution.
If the goods have been damaged through misuse or if the damage is normal wear and tear, Dawson’s is not obliged to accept the return or offer a resolution.
Please refer to our full terms and conditions here.
Up to 5 years Warranty
- Whilst our suppliers offer a range of variable warranties, Dawsons Furniture Limited offers a five (5) year warranty for any manufacturing defects discovered in any materials or workmanship and will replace or repair such defects for a period up to five years (excluding synthetic weave and general umbrella fabric)
- We are also proud to offer the high quality Sunbrella fabric options and we stand behind this product for upholstery, speciality fabrics, decorative shade fabrics and general shade and marine fabrics on our outdoor range which comes with the same 5-year limited warranty to offer protection against colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals.
The above commences from the date of original purchase provided that the product has not been subject to accident, misuse, abnormal use, improper installation, or lack of reasonable care with the following exclusions:
- Timber being a natural material varies in colour and grain orientation and will weather when exposed to the elements. Checks, splits, cracks and colour change are all natural weathering processes, these should be expected and are not covered by warranty;
- Where natural materials are used in the manufacturing process or are handmade, minor variations will occur from piece to piece. Such variations as a result of the nature of the goods are not considered defects under the warranty.
- All stitching on outdoor fabrics, synthetic weave chair covers, umbrella fabrics and umbrella covers are covered under a warranty for two (2) years against the loss of colour or strength, under normal usage and exposure conditions;
- All indoor upholstery fabrics remain subject to the manufacturer’s warranty only, where applicable
- Surface coatings including After Care Products, are not covered by warranty as they rely on the customers’ maintenance program to ensure their performance. Seasonal cracking that may occur is also not covered by warranty.
- The warranty does not cover product sold as ‘ex-showroom’, ‘seconds’, product damaged in transportation or furniture used in commercial, contract, or non-residential use.
- The additional warranty does not cover the purchase of all Lighting, Personal Accessories and Homeware items.
- To validate your warranty, complete the Warranty Registration online within 30 days of purchase, and include a scan or copy of the original GST receipt/Tax invoice.
View our full terms and conditions of sale here.