Purchasing and inventory administrator - job vacancy
Purchasing and inventory administrator
We are looking for an amazing administrator to join our small, hardworking team at our head office on Auckland’s North Shore in this newly created role.
The Purchasing and inventory administrator will be a vital role between our retail sales and administration teams – someone we rely on to keep our day to day operations running smoothly and efficiently.
About the Role:
This is a variety packed role, reporting directly to the company directors. You will have a strong purchasing focus with elements of inventory system management and stock control. This role is based on a 40 hour week working 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday.
The key duties and responsibilities are;
- Placement of purchase orders with national and international suppliers.
- Monitoring and tracking shipment movements of purchases against delivery times.
- Coordinating shipment clearance.
- Item creation, maintenance and management of our inventory management system ensuring it’s accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring stock control through minimum and maximum stock holding management and managing excess stock.
- Coordinating monthly and annual stock takes to ensure stock accuracy.
- Exemplary communication skills are a must, as you will be liaising with our suppliers from around the world.
- You will be competent in using Excel and Word to an intermediate /advanced level,
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Previous experience in purchasing, facilitation of shipment clearance and exposure to purchase order placement with foreign and local suppliers. (preferred but not essential)
- Be a driven, hard working and positive person who understands the “pitch in” nature of being part of a small, fast growing business.
Competitive salary, great team environment and generous staff discounts offered.
If this sounds like you and are excited by this position please email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4th 2016.